Saturday, January 08, 2005

Lost in dreams

Last night, The Duff slept. And I took over.

I was in a world of dreams. Dreams of all shapes and sizes, flavours and textures, emotions and ideas. It was wonderful.

I haven't had a nightmare in ages. The only ones I remember were the recurring ones from The Duff's youthful years. Although I'm not any older, he has, and I now seldom encounter nightmares. Perhaps The Duff has enough nightmares in his waking world, such that my world is his escape, and therefore less frightful.

I dreamt that life was all candy floss and festival musics. Bright lights from carnivals, and happy children running around. The Duff's friends were all happy and The Duff's girlfriend was the happiest. Free from woes and trials of life, they roamed the carnival, like children swimming in a sea of Skittles.

I turned into a darker corner of the party, during the middle of the night, and saw some vile creatures roaming in cages. The remains of criminals were on the cage floors. I chuckled at this, especially George Bush Jr's face lying in the corner, beside words like Crusade, and ideas like arrogance, and little creatures called fear, jealousy, conceit and .

I returned to the carnival at the other end of the alley. The Duff's friends were joined in a parade, circling the carnival on elephants and grand horses, camels, dolphins and whales.

All good things end in time, and soon, a ringing started in the background. It got louder and louder, and as the sun rose on the carnival, so did The Duff, and I de-materialised.

No comments: