Wednesday, June 14, 2006

*Wing*Wing* Blogging to the soundtrack of life

Currently playing: "Bicycle Race"

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
Somehow this exquisite piece of common sense had been bouncing in my head this morning. I suppose it pertains to my getting through the 1st interview on Monday (Thank you thank you, *politician-styled wave*). Sure it felt great, getting through that round. Then the anxiety attacks came, as the follow up sessions are just next week. NEXT WEEK!!! HOLY SHIT!

Currently playing: "Under Pressure"

But then news started trickling in. I‘ve got my sources. I’ve got intelligence. I’ve got the inside track. And while the news gave me strength, it may also lead to my folly, from overconfidence. Complacency has been my greatest vice since time immemorial; my misguided optimism coming in at a close 2nd.

Currently playing: "Bohemian Rhapsody"

It reminded me of trading. Overconfidence leads to complacency, which in turn causes overly aggressive risk-taking to arise and finally, the big fall from grace. Oh the pain of such mistakes will sting your soul. Its like the guilt from not studying for an easy exam. Such a waste.

Currently playing: "Another One Bites The Dust"

I’m actually looking forward to starting on this job, much as a surprise as that may be to you (uhhum, I write for YOU, my audience. I don’t just bitch for the sake of bitching, but rather to educate and share, and to force my existence onto any who stumbles unto this little binary facade). The interviewer was cool, giving me more meat to the job description. Apparently if I am selected, I would be working on a large project for the next 6 months, on top of other things. That just excited me to no end. I have no idea why. But upon further reflection, I think I’d discovered THE REASON.

Currently playing: "Heaven For Everyone"

I am actually quite lost, in terms of direction in life. For all those recently tuning in, my life had taken quite a few bumps just this year, derailing most of my best-laid plans which were formulated quite a while back. Of course, being a resilient and effervescent member of this concept called humanity, I have to balance and mange whatever curveballs life, the fates and all other gods decide to throw my way. Rolling with the punches and getting up to return two uppercuts, that’s the way to go.

Currently playing: "The Show Must Go On"

And therefore, getting this job would mean quite a bit. In fact, it would realign my destiny with another plan I had made even earlier than the last, when my mind was less cluttered by Ponzi schemes and the like, a simpler path that nevertheless would eventually lead me to my goal(s). It may actually be one that is smoother, without the bottomless crevices by the sides, awaiting for me to slip up on the wet, glistening moss, like the gaping maw of a megalodon , yearning for my loss of balance. I believe I set that for myself 15 years ago. And they say kids say the truest things. I was a smart kid.

Currently playing: "We Are the Champions"

So I am not going to take things for granted anymore. I really have to work for what I want in life, and not to just wait for things to fall into my lap. My luck will eventually run out sometime, much as its my namesake, and things seem to work out for me thus far. I went through my book of goals recently , and discovered that I haven’t met any of my short term ones, save for passing my IPPT. Pathetic really.

Currently playing: "We Will Rock You"

Thus, for next week’s round 2, I have started reading up on the relevant topics. Let’s see if I’m just talking the talk and not walking the walk. I hope that putting it out here would push me to strive further and faster too. Afterall, I have to start living up to the expectations of you 3 once again, my loving audience.

Currently playing: "Who Wants To Live Forever"

No comments: