Thursday, July 20, 2006

Rantings of a Madman

 Been thinking quite a bit while I’m traveling around our concrete jungle (luckily it strives to be a garden city). Been surprised by many sights on the roads, which is funny because I seldom notice much other than the overly-conscientious driver ahead of me.

************************************************************************

Just the other day, I saw some fresh road-kill. It was in the CBD area. A bird of some sort. Pigeon? At a traffic junction. WHAT THE FUCK WAS IT TRYING TO DO? Was it too tired? Was it just coming down for the next updraft to bring itself to soaring heights? Was it trying to cross the road, to get to the other side? When I say fresh, I mean its not exactly flattened yet. It was still pulpy, and pretty much 3-dimensional. I did pass it again later in the day. Not only was it still there, it was already 2-dimensional. Who cleans up road-kill anyway?
************************************************************************

I was heading home one morning, and the Morningstar was screaming into my optical receptors. I willed it away with my cerebral arrow, and it suddenly hid behind the bringers of silver linings. My world was plunged not into darkness (no, the apocalypse is still far off, and I’m not THAT evil), but into a world of sepia tones, the result of an un-reactive iris perhaps. The streams of the sun peeking through the livelihoods of trees that adorn the highway. Pastel brown tones on all colours, including the red Mercedes and purple BMWs. My life seemed like something out of a postcard, which got me wondering. What kind of card my life would be. A Get Well soon card? A Sorry card? What card would your life be?

************************************************************************

I overtook a Porsche Cayenne Turbo, driven by a hot babe (I think, my peripheral vision has been bad since I couldn’t help myself peeking at the magnesium ribbons that constantly appear in my life.) This incident has been added to the list of cars I’ve been overtaking this year with my Toyota Vios 1.5e(A). Others on the list include a Ferrari Modena and a Lamborghini Murcielago.

Shiok.

However, I’ve been noticing more KIAs overtaking me. Fuck……

************************************************************************

Last night, the moon made love to me. She lay on her back, arched ever so seductively, and her presence assailed every fibre of my being as I stared at her longingly. Then she hid behind the blankets in the sky, peeking cheekily ever so often. How I hated her teasing. I could snuff her out with my thumb, and yet she is so unreachable. So unattainable. And the worst thing was that I had to share her with everyone willing to take a look at her.

************************************************************************

Is it just me or is World War 3 almost upon us. All the signs are there for the impending doom that every cryptic doomsayer has foretold since the dawn of language. The hotbed of western society is ever erupting into deeper chaos and despair. Mother Earth has cried out in pain, and teared along the banks of Java. The markets too, tell a story of the everlasting night that is to come. Fires shell descend on screens across the world. Only the strong survive. Whittle out the weak and little. The time has come to defrag humankind.

Let the seeking arm of FATE begin its work! Let the TRUTH PrEVail!

No comments: